This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by admin 3 years, 2 months ago.
6 April 2015 at 19:06 #718
Process questions, technical issues, general suggestions and tips & tricks. Submit your registration-related comments/queries here.
6 April 2015 at 19:12 #720
EVERY YEAR, all players (new and returning) must submit an updated photo.
Team Managers/Coaches, don’t rely on parents for this – you have your players out for spring play, take head shots of them now. That way, if a parent has trouble uploading or only ineligible photo available, you’ll be able to correct.
REMEMBER : Player must be face-forward, NO hat, NO sunglasses … think passport photo, like the example below.
- This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by admin.
6 April 2015 at 19:51 #724
Common photo issues:
– Be careful of cropping too closely. The photo needs to be of the person’s entire face; this includes the forehead, chin and ears.
– Do not Photoshop any photos; this is not for a magazine cover and players/coaches do need to look like themselves.
– For twins, triplets, etc. we will need a photo of each person; do not use the same photo for multiple players. It’s tempting, we know… but don’t.
– When choosing a photo, upload a head shot, not a group photo. Cropping is available in the Affinity registration system, but it is not robust, so better to cut the player out in advance. Also, often resolution on the zoom of a head in a group is not high enough to prevent blur. Another reason to choose an individual photo (and why we recommend coaches or team managers take of all players at practice).
14 April 2015 at 21:21 #732
What is COMPLETE REGISTRATION?
Coach / Trainer / Team Manager
- LiveScanned / Background Cleared
- Certified at appropriate level (or signed up for course)
- Registered in Affinity
- Registered for only ONE team
- Photo uploaded, facing forward, no hat or glasses, cropped like a passport photo
- Paid (or accounted for to be billed)
- Birth Doc uploaded or cleared
- Travel players have uploaded Residency documentation
- All staff and players completely registered as noted at left
- Team Violations tab clear of violations
- Team Details page = alert SFYS that team is Ready to Activate
- Late Activated Teams have paid their applicable Team Fee
- Appropriate Census complete
- Schedule Req complete
- Practice Field Req complete
- (if applicable) – mark calendar for U8 & U9 Coach Meetings
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.